Under The Horizon, best known as UTH, is an outreach-based pottery and arts studio located in beautiful Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
We specialize in all things creative while inspiring creativity.
Acting via faith-in-action, we actively serve our community through our outreach programs.
We offer pottery lessons, parties, field trips, fundraising, camps as well as an after school arts program.
Under The Horizon is here to serve. We are a privately owned pottery and arts studio that chooses to serve the community.
We serve through well planned and organized outreach programs. Using our facility and our talents to provide a bereavement program and food-insufficiency support.
To learn about volunteer opportunities and requested donations for our outreach efforts, please visit “making Him matter” database.
Why is UTH so special? We are an outreach based studio. We use our creative talents to serve our community – both near and far.
How do we do serve? UTH’s community outreach efforts include:
- CBAG a program designed to instill hope in children who have suffered some type of loss.
- The Blessing Box program for food insufficient families that provide sustainability food boxes throughout the year.
- As well as numerous other smaller efforts.
All programs are directly supported by the studio’s efforts and community support.
What customers are saying:
AMAZING! My oldest daughter attended many of Cathleen’s events in the early days of Under the Horizon, which always exceeded our expectations. More recently, when my kindergarten class experienced an unimaginable loss, Cathleen came through for me again! Thank you for the beautiful, spiritual, patient, amazing experience that my kindergarten class had with you in making prayer thumbprints in memory of our friend.
UTH provides the space and talented staff to for Easterseals of Central/Western PA’s afterschool program two afternoons a week. My son enjoys being with a group of teens with assorted special needs. Fun activities include stunning art which now graces the walls of our home It gives my partner and I two afternoons when we can relax, do chores and catch up on life. We know our son is challenged and cared for in a loving space.
Before my students entered the building of UTH, they felt extremely welcomed! Cathleen & her crew displayed our school name on an easel at the entrance. This was just the start to an amazing afternoon filled with compassion, acceptance & understanding. As my students learned about the process of throwing/molding clay & having an opportunity to each paint their own item, Cathleen identified the specific needs of my students so that they experienced a joyful day! Thank you UTH for the educational & social opportunities you allowed us to experience on our field trip!
Cathleen and her team are unbelievably easy to work with, and produce gorgeous results. The studio is a place filled with warmth and love, and it feels good to support an organization that does such great work in the community. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
A Small Part of Our Story
Cathleen Lerew is the founder of Under The Horizon. Since a young age she fell in love with art and clay.
With her family by her side every step of the way, Cathleen built a studio by faith – believing that every step, every person, and every project is to glorify God. Cathleen is a faith filled women, a busy momma of 3, and a proud wife. She holds a masters degree in business, is self educated as a potter, has a great and visible love of her community.
- Received the United Way Business Heart in Hand Award In appreciation and recognition of your outstanding volunteer service and commitment to our community.
- Received the Pick of The County 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, & 2019
- Received the business award from the Pennsylvania Department of labor & Industry. Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. “Received In recognition of your outstanding commitment to individuals with disabilities, and your above-and-beyond efforts on behalf of all OVR customers.”
- Received the United Way Heart in Hand Award for the work of our Children’s Bereavement Art Group.
- Received the Opportunity Award from The Arc of Adams County.
- Received the Good Neighbor Award from Typical Life Corporation
- Our owner received the Outstanding Citizen Award from the Gettysburg Adams Chamber of Commerce.